Friday, March 02, 2007

Just When You Thought The World Was A Better Place

I’ve had quite a good day. Nothing has really got my goat today.

Ok, so it started badly when I overslept and was late for work. But lets face it, that’s not really that bad, and I went into work feeling much more refreshed than I might otherwise have done.

It also finished badly when I got soaked in the rain walking to the station from work. But I can’t really blame anyone for the bad weather.

Apart from that, the trains were on-time, the bar-staff served me in turn and the checkout girl at Sainsbury’s even said “Good Evening” before she started waving my goods through the beeping machine. Life has been pretty good. I’m sure it wont last.

Thankfully though, upon getting home I got an e-mail from my friend Barry, this in itself is not unusual – he sends hundreds of e-mails – but this contained an example of pissy customer service which I will now share with you. So thanks to Barry, for confirming the world is still crap and filled with annoying people;

Christ, the mare in the Post Office loves her work. 

Firstly, I asked for a passport renewal form (as I was in there). I was told quite apparently 

"WE DON'T HOLD THEM AS WE ARE ONLY A SUB-OFFICE" 

I then asked for a Jiffy bag. 

"65 PENCE AND YOU HAVE TO PAY CASH!!" 

Bag stuffed, address written on I tried to shove it under the glass. 
"YOU'VE GOT TO PUT IT ON THE SCALES!" 
I obeyed. 

"YOU OKAY?" she surprisingly asked. 

"Fine thanks!!" 

"NO, IN THE UK?" 

Bitch. 
No wonder they are going out of business.

No comments: